[Soc-coordination] Status Report of Improve Debian Port on Mipsel, Week 2

Xilin Sun s.sn.giraffe at gmail.com
Sat May 31 05:10:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

In this week, I continued working on testing and building Debian
packages on both amd64 and mipsel ports.

The bug I reported with patch is:

#749962 libindi: ftbfs with GCC-4.9

The bugs I submitted patches are:

#746827 ann: ftbfs with GCC-4.9
#746875 libraw: ftbfs with GCC-4.9
#746921 tclcl: ftbfs with GCC-4.9

Similar to the bugs I worked on during the first week, these bugs are
also caused by change in symbols support in GCC-4.9. The fix is done
through modifications of "symbols" files. As they affect
Debian ports including MIPSEL, fixing them will lead to improvement in
Debian port on MIPSEL. At the same time, fixing them is one good
practice for me to get more familiar with the whole process of Debian
package maintenance.

This week, I also worked on testing and fixing packages which fail to
build by auto-building on mipsel port (
https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=mipsel&suite=sid
). They are:

kaya: It fails due to dependency problems. One of the packages kaya
depends on is still not available.
twinkle: It builds successfully on my machine.

Next week I will test and try to fix more packages which fail to build
from source on mipsel port.

Thank you.

Regards,
Xilin