[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 2

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat May 31 11:28:18 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 2

This week I have worked on three packages:

   1. Contractor, the DE-independent mechanism for providing contextual
   actions on files. If an app e.g. supports uploading pictures to a social
   network, provides a command-line interface for invoking that action and
   registers it with Contractor using a .desktop-like file, all
   Contractor-enabled apps can also perform this action on user request. See
   http://elementaryos.org/journal/contractor-not-sharing-service for a
   more detailed intro. The package is now in the NEW queue.
   2. Pantheon Terminal, a simple terminal emulator designed for sane
   defaults and little to no configuration that follows the elementary OS
   Human Interface Guidelines. The package is currently on Mentors while I'm
   resolving the "hardening-no-fortify-functions" lintian warning. This seems
   to be an upstream issue with the build system.
   3. Cerbere, a simple watchdog daemon configured via GSettings. It's
   typically used to monitor and respawn Pantheon Shell components. The
   package is now in the NEW queue.

Next up on my agenda is elementary's music player, codenamed Noise, which
had a stable release recently. A stable release of elementary icon theme is
also imminent, so I hope to get around to packaging it next week.
Regards,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff