[Soc-coordination] Bootable Clang-Built Debian Weekly Report 10 (7.27 - 8.2)

Joseph Lee jesa7955 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 13:40:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

This week I succeeded to a bootable kernel with LLVMLinux's config file.
The package's size is 6.1M, a little bigger than the one I built before.
About procps, it seems that my environment has some problems so that
building procps in it will meet a bug(
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=764590). I tried to build
it in a clean virtual machine and it succeeded. When rebuilding all other
packages, I found rsyslog, which didn't fail in my test before, failed this
time because of some unsupported CFLAG. I fixed it by modify configure.ac
file.

Now, nearly all packages can be built with clang by using some patch or use
some special way. My mentor suggested me to work on the automation of all
this rebuilding and testing works. I was trying to set jenkins but meet
some problems. Next week I will work on automating all these.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Joseph.