[Soc-coordination] Bootable Clang-Built Debian Weekly Report 11 (8.3 - 8.9)

Joseph Lee jesa7955 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 02:28:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

This week I set a jenkins instance(some special packages still need to be
built by hand) and rebuild all packages I need with clang. Some packages
failed because of difference between symbols clang and gcc product. These
packages can be built successfully by changing symbols file in debian
directory. Another problem is gcc-5 can't be built with clang even in
normal environment by adding CC=clang CXX=clang++ configure flags. I also
test all packages(except glibc and gcc-5) with qemu. I found libacl1 and
libattr1's contents was installed to wrong place, which was because of some
mistakes in building. I fixed them by modifying upstream's configure in
file.

Next week, I will try to build gcc-5 with clang. Then I will do some more
tests and write documents about testing. After that I will publish a
repository with all packages I built.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Joseph.