[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 7: Apport for Debian

Yuru Shao shaoyuru at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:41:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,

In the past week I was working on integrating Reportbug with Apport.

I read the source code of Debian reportbug [1]. Since we need to collect
bug info from both the user and the runtime, I implemented new UI
components that ask users for inputs, like brief description of the bug,
severity, etc.

Next I will leverage the python-reportbug [2] library to collect system
information and construct the bug report as an email. Hopeful this could be
done by the end of Week 8.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/reportbug
[2] https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/python-reportbug

Regards,