[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 7 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:30:25 UTC 2015

This week we were finalizing structure of androidsdk-tools package. Upstream
sources is very chaotic, sources of all SDK tools could not be found under
single repository. We will mainly focusing on tools under
platform/tools.git repo
skipping out emulator, mksdcard and EMMA tools, even because of their less
significance, which are not present under platform/tools.git

Another thing of major concern was tag to be used for packaging. We were
planning to use latest android-xx tag for  all  android-platform-* packages
but
repo platform/tools/buildSrc.git has gradle-xx tags only. We haven't got any
documentation explaining different tags, so we will be using gradle-xx tag
for
SDK tools and android-xx tag for all other packages.

This week I have also started packaging dependency of Android Gradle Plugin.
The plugin has dependency on Javawriter, which is not available in Debian.
have successfully package Javawriter. But Javawriter has got it's successor
Javapoet and both libraries are incompatible. After discussion with mentor,
they
have suggested me to try to patch upstream source so that dependency could
be shifted from Javawriter to Javapoet.