[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 8: Apport for Debian

Yuru Shao shaoyuru at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:58:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

In the past week I continued working on reportbug [1] integration.

When reportbug is used as standalone tool, it provides users a lot of
useful information and instructs them to report their problems step by
step.

I realized that we don't even need to re-implemented a similar UI in
Apport. Instead, we just need to invoke reportbug with proper arguments,
then we're all set. However, reusing reportbug without any customization
has one major drawback, i.e., when fetching related reports that have been
reported by someone else from Debian BTS, we cannot specify a tag.

I finally decided to reuse most of reportbug UI components and customize
its underlying logic slightly. This is still ongoing. Hopefully I can get
it done by the Wednesday of week 8.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/reportbug