[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 1 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Alkmim galkmim at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:40:11 UTC 2015

Hello,

My name is Gustavo Alkmim and I'm working on the project "Improve one of
the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In few words, the objective of this project is
to fix broken packages of Debian port on mips/mipsel/mips64el, so that the
quality of Debian in these architectures can be improved.

Below is a summary of what I have done since the beginning of the project:

   - Received a CI20 [1] board from Imagination Technologies [2]. I really
   appreciate this gift. It will help me a lot on the build process.
   - Investigated the CI20 Guides to understand more about the board.
   - Set up of the build environment. I'm using sbuild [3] since it is used
   in the official buildd network and schroot [4] since it makes easier the
   configuration of chroot environments.
   - Started analyzing the buildd reports [5]. I did not made patches
   neither file bugs yet. I will start this next week.

This week I could not work on the project since I am on a travel and my
Internet Connection is really bad. I'm sorry about that. In the following
weeks I will compensate this lost time.

Next steps:
Start working on the bugs.

Cheers,