[Soc-coordination] GSOC 2015 Week 1: Apport for Debian

Yuru Shao shaoyuru at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 23:37:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I started working on the project before the official start date. So here is
what have been doing in the past few weeks.

 - Discussed with my mentor about specific tasks.
 - Got familiar with the Apport code base.
 - Improved the GUI. Previously Apport would just terminate itself if no
debugging symbols are available. Now we give users an option to download
debugging symbols using apport-retrace.
 - Found a new bug in Apport, which makes apport-retrace fail when
Terminator is used as the default terminal application.

My code is here https://github.com/windflyer/apport in the ``gsoc'' branch.
I also have a Google doc (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12lwiby1yfbf8D1q-O08-Rizo8OrLuUCJWrnfWRldj5k)
for updating my progress and communicating with my mentor.

Regards,
Yuru