[Soc-coordination] Debsources as a platform weekly report #2

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Sun Jun 7 22:03:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

This is my #2 weekly report on my Summer of Code project 'Debsources as
a platform'
You can view commits on alioth [1] or pull requests on github [2].
Kanban board with my per week tasks is available on trello [3].

Previous report:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-May/002459.html

Browse d/copyright files
---------------------

This was a task from last week with a pending review status. It got
merged this week.

Render d/copyright files
---------------------

First i used python-debian to parse d/copyright files and find which are
machine readables and which are not.

For the __non__ readable the output is a dump of the license.
For the machine readable ones I worked on a rendering module which
create links to sources.debian.net for the files mentioned in the
license as well as links to the complete text of the licenses mentioned.

This work is currently reviewed [4]

Refactoring
---------------------

Continuing from last week i refactored two other areas.

1) Since there are two Blueprints right now, I had to refactor the web
app test suite so that each Blueprint gets tested in a separate file and
by different unit tests.

2) In sourced.debian.net one can use suite names to navigate between
packages. Since i had to use that again for the c.d.n i refactored that
part of the code.

Work is included in the PR [4].

Next week
---------------------

Next week i ll focus on the api. There are two goals for the api. The
first is a file-by-file search based on a sha256 checksum or a path,
package, version. The second one batch / many files search.
My tasks are to create two proposals for the api and then implement them.

Thanks for reading,

Orestis

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/qa/debsources.git
[2] https://github.com/Debian/debsources/pulls