[Soc-coordination] Bootable Clang-Built Debian Weekly Report 2 (6.1 - 6.7)

Joseph Lee jesa7955 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:31:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

This week I succeeded to build linux-image package with the help of
LLVMLinux's patches. For now, an option used by Debian's kernel package
have to be disabled to pass the compiling.And because of two modules'
missing, some result binary packages of linux source package wasn't be
built. I thought this may be resulted by disabling that option. But I found
thie problem has been reported as Bug #787004.

After asking kernel mailing list, it seems this patch will not accept by
the kernel team because the patches I used havan't been accepted by
upstream and not for bugs fixing. So this patch I made can only be used in
this project for now.

I also tried to fix busybox and freetype. They worked but I fixed them
mainly by changing makefile. I want to try another way which is fixing
codes. So I haven't report bug for them.

Thanks.