[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 3 Report: Android Tools in Debian

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:21:43 UTC 2015

There are breakthroughs this week: I can successfully build a fully
functional Gradle package, and I can successfully install and use it
to build other Java projects. My colleague Komal Sukhani also seems to
finish the updating of groovy2, the Gradle stage of our GSoC project
is almost over.

Things have been progressing surprisingly slowly, not only because
both Gradle and Groovy are complicated projects, but also due to the
fact that my summer vacation has not come yet which renders me doing a
part-time job for GSoC. According to the estimated schedule on my GSoC
proposal it will take 3 weeks to package/update Gradle, Groovy and
repo (the Android git util), but now we have finished the first two.

Next week I may consider switching my focus on
libgradle-android-plugin, the Android plugin of Gradle, since Gradle
has been updated to 1.12. But before that I will need to check on the
lintian errors produced by the updated libnative-platform-jni,
otherwise it won't be accepted into unstable and neither would Gradle.

The following is my previous reports:
* Week 1: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-May/002462.html>
* Week 2: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-June/002482.html>