[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 4 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:40:56 UTC 2015

In this week I continued working on groovy2_2.4.3 and have completed
following tasks:

1. I have created new repository for groovy2_2.4.3 so that it could be
built using
  git-buildpackage command.

   git repo:  https://github.com/komalsukhani/alioth-groovy2

2. Updated all my patches to add headers so that they followed DEP-3 format.

3. Successfully tested groovy2_2.4.3 package by building all its reverse
dependencies.

4. Initially I was building grovy2_2.4.3 with official Gradle 1.12, as
Kai-Chung completed
    packaging of gradle-1.12, I tested my package with it. There was one
minor issue with
    version of bnd. gradle_1.12 is dependent on bnd v2.0 (now in
experimental) whose
    group has been changed from biz.aQute to biz.aQute.bnd. Because of this
I had to
    update a patch and then build was successful.

5. There was one lintian error :

       E: groovy2 source: source-is-missing
src/spec/assets/js/jquery-2.1.1.min.js

After studying the upstream code I found that above file was used by
asciidoctor-gradle-plugin,
which I have disabled, and removing the file from upstream solved the
problem.

As I have just basic knowledge of git, I was having difficulty in adding
code to git. Mentors
and my colleague Kai-Chung helped me for this. Now my code is on Alioth git
and is under review.