[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 5 Report: Android Tools in Debian

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:01:25 UTC 2015

This week we finally uploaded Gradle 1.12 and Groovy 2.4.3 to Debian. Note
that they are in experimental because they depends on bnd 2.1.0 which is in
experimental as well due to API incompatibility.

This week is the least efficient one because I have many exams to deal
with. My mentor Markus Koschany found several files using different
licenses and I found more sourceless binaries. In the next version of
Gradle I may consider removing those files with different licenses, after
all they are used in the tests hence useless.

Next step is to update Gradle to 2.4 as soon as possible because Sukhani
has started her work on the Java part of Android SDK, which requires Gradle
2.2 or above. Before updating Gradle I need to package the Java SDK for
AWS, which enables Gradle to access S3 resources. I also need to make
gradle-1.12 as a separate package and use it to build gradle_2.4-1.

After that, I will start my work on the C/C++ part of Android SDK, which is
far more complicated and messy than I had expected.

The following is my previous reports:
* Week 1: <
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-May/002462.html

* Week 2: <