[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 5 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:46:07 UTC 2015

This week we finally got result for our month long efforts for getting
Gradle-1.12 and Groovy-2.4.3 in
Debian. These packages are now in Debian. Due to dependency of
groovy2_2.4.3+dfsg-1 on
gradle_1.12 which in turn is dependent on bnd 2.1.0, while bnd 2.1.0 is
available in experimental,
both gradle_1.12 and groovy2_2.4.3+dfsg-1 are now in experimental.

To get groovy2_2.4.3+dfsg-1 in Debian I have do following modification:

1. Update copyright file:
          - I have added a paragraph for CPL copyright file.
          - Add entry for Files-Excluded in copyright file.
2. Updated changelog file to make entries for all the changes I have made
to package.

3. Included pom files in Debian directory.

4. Removed some of files from upstream as they caused violation of DFSG.

Now I have started working on Android plugin for Gradle. It has dependency
on Android Build tools
which will be handled by my colleague Kai-Chung. I have started exploring
upstream source.

This week was quiet low for me as I was suffering from viral fever. But I
promise to patch that up in following week.