[Soc-coordination] GSoC Students: Come join the community during DebConf15!

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Fri May 8 11:03:03 UTC 2015

Hey all,

[all students Bcc'd]

While you are busy getting better acquainted with your mentors and our
community, we would like to talk to you about DebConf, which will be happening
August 15th-22nd, right at the end of the coding period of this year's GSoC.

DebConf is the yearly conference of the Debian project. It's a week long event
attended by many contributors to the Debian project. It is a great time to
learn more about the wider community and little things about the project. A
time to meet new people, hear developers talk about their work, get together
for high bandwidth meetings, discover weird card games, and enjoy life! It
would also be a great opportunity to wrap up your project and make it known to
the wide Debian community.

As our budget for sponsorship is limited, we might not be able to provide
support for every one of you. But we need your help to get a better picture.
Please answer the following questions [privately] before May 13th (next
Wednesday):

- Do you want to come to DebConf?

- Will your mentor be at DebConf?

- Do you want to give a talk at DebConf?
  (5 or 15 minutes “lightning” talks are the perfect opportunity to present
your GSoC project and a great learning experience if you have never done public
presentation before)

- Do you need sponsorship for your travel expenses?

- If yes, how much? (with details! Where are you flying or taking a train
  from...)

- Do you need sponsorship for food and accomodation?
  (on your own, it costs 33€ per night for lodging and 3 meals)

Please be quick, and we will let you know ASAP how

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #112:
The monitor is plugged into the serial port