[Surfraw-devel] 2.1.7 - release candidate

Ian Beckwith ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 03:45:49 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've committed 2.1.7-1 to CVS. If there are no problems found, this
can be the version we release as an upstream version (finally!).

Please test this version, and let me know if there are any problems.
I'd especially like someone else to look at the package split stuff to
make sure I've done it right. Options parsing could do with testing
too, in case I've missed anything.

Upstream tarball:

http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw-2.1.7.tar.gz

Debian source package:

http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw_2.1.7-1.dsc

Debian binary packages:

http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw_2.1.7-1_all.deb
http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw-extra_2.1.7-1_all.deb

Changelog:

surfraw (2.1.7-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * First proper upstream release of the surfraw-devel
    version. After this release non-debian changes will be logged
    in the upstream changelog.gz.
  * Split off opensearch into new package: surfraw-extra
    as it has a huge dependency tree that not everyone will want
    to install.
  * Fixed "sr -options bookmark" (excessive quoting).
  * New elvi:
    + archpkg - search Arch Linux packages. Thanks to Simon Ernst.
    + port - look up a TCP/UDP port on seifried.org/security/ports.
  * Fixed elvi
    + debbugs: fixed help formatting.
    + debcontents - new options
  * Fixed tests:
    + austlii - (since when does a legal db not contain "tort"?).
    + deblists - -security-announce not indexed (#440347), so we search for
      WNPP posts on -devel.
    + debpackages.
    + sunsolve - added cookie to accept license.
    + w3html - validator will not validate itself.
  * runtests (see test/README):
    + Added cookie support.
    + Added support for skipping tests with SKIP.
    + Abort if libwww-perl not installed.
    + Documented changes in test/README.
  * Makefile.am: removed debian/ files from EXTRA_DIST, they should
    be in the debian patch not the main tarball.
  * Bumped debhelper compat level to 5.
  * Really updated to automake-1.10.
  * Updated AUTHORS, NEWS, README, HACKING, ChangeLog, NEWS.Debian.

In a couple of days I'll update the web pages and put them live on
http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org.

I've never done a "proper" upstream release before, apart from
freshmeat where should I announce it? Is the LSM still going?

Does anyone out there on an rpm-based system fancy updating/testing
the .spec file and contributing an .srpm file?

A few tests (cnn, genpkg and wayback) are failing. Normal search on
those sites fails too. Genpkg fails because of a security lockdown on
gentoo hosts, I believe, and I assume cnn & wayback are temporary
failures too, so I've left the elvi enabled.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA