[Surfraw-devel] contrib for use with uzbl

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Tue Oct 27 03:21:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:45:42AM +0200, Sumant Oemrawsingh wrote:
> For those that are interested, I hereby submit the following script. It serves
> me well as an easy way to load a new url in uzbl. It makes use of both surfraw
> elvi and bookmarks, directly in uzbl.

Thanks, I've installed it as examples/uzbl_load_url_from_surfraw in the
source tree. On Debian systems it will also be installed in
/usr/share/doc/surfraw/examples/.

I changed it to use the new bookmark locations, but I only gave it a
quick test from the shell, not via uzbl. It sort-of worked, but the menu
was on a single line and had newline characters displayed in it, they
looked like a tiny version of:

The output of surfraw -elvi now has "GLOBAL ELVI" and "LOCAL ELVI"
lines, you may or may not want to strip them from the menu.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA