[Teammetrics-discuss] Getting the message body from NNTP.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Jul 3 21:40:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 01:23:52PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> I don't think that Gmane is strained because we are just
> fetching text over NNTP but I can probably ask them if you give the
> green signal.

I do not think that this will stress the server too much for a monthly
job.  However, it might be a good idea to find some means to not reparse
the same messages over and over.  For the mboxes we had the MD5sum
approach - perhaps we might find some other save means to prevent
downloading + processing old stuff over and over.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de