[Teammetrics-discuss] Getting the message body from NNTP.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:53:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am working on getting the lists.debian.org information from Gmane.
All is going well, except a small problem.

To get the message body, it takes around 30 seconds for 100 messages.
Typically these lists can have as much as 10, 000 messages, some even
have 40,000. So for a list of 10, 000 messages it will take an hour
almost. I don't think that Gmane is strained because we are just
fetching text over NNTP but I can probably ask them if you give the
green signal.

Are you OK with this? Note that we can get the number of lines easily,
but those lines are inclusive of everything (blank lines, > and
signatures).

--
Sukhbir Singh