[Teammetrics-discuss] We have SVN statistics!

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 11:42:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

We now have full SVN statistics akin to the ones we generate for Git
repositories. Yayay!

So we have: the number of commits, the number of lines inserted and
deleted. The code runs slower (read further) as compared to Git
because we fetch the information over the server and because SVN has
no direct way of calculating the statistics we measure. We do it
manually by fetching the diff of each revision and then calculating
the lines inserted and deleted per author. So it's all good and I like
the code which as always is a good sign :-)

The only problem is that it is very slow. To give you an idea of _how_
slow, I started the script at 10:00 AM for debian-med repository. And
it is still running (5:01 PM)! Seven hours and still now sign of
completion. Is this acceptable? I don't know! The code that is taking
time here is the number of lines inserted/ deleted.

Anyways, let's me try with some more repositories then we shall see
what to do. And since Andreas (and Scott too?) is the SVN expert,
maybe he can shed some light :-)

--
Sukhbir