[Teammetrics-discuss] We have SVN statistics!

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jul 16 12:55:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 05:12:17PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> The only problem is that it is very slow. To give you an idea of _how_
> slow, I started the script at 10:00 AM for debian-med repository. And
> it is still running (5:01 PM)! Seven hours and still now sign of
> completion. Is this acceptable? I don't know! The code that is taking
> time here is the number of lines inserted/ deleted.

IMHO we could drastically increase the spead if we record the last
commit revision which was processed.  So it will take "ages" for the
first/initial calculation we do, but afterwards we just need to
calculate the revisions of last month.

BTW, the svnstat thingy needed also a long time (no idea what approach
this was using.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--