[Teammetrics-discuss] List of Alioth users for teammetrics GSoC project

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Sun Jul 17 07:46:58 UTC 2011

This one time, at band camp, Tollef Fog Heen said:
> ]] Andreas Tille
>
> | Our question is now:  Does such a list of "Name + e-mail" exist and are
> | we allowed to use this for the described purpose or are there any
> | privacy implications which prevent you from delivering such a list.  We
> | could also live with some kind of querying service which gives a yes / no
> | answer to a name + e-mail pair we provide as input (which is probably a
> | bit more privacy conform.
>
> It doesn't really exist, but we have the data in a database.  I'd be ok
> with a tool that gives yes/no tool depending on whether the user exists,
> but I'd rather not give you a full list of users + emails.
>
> Other admins, thoughts?

Hi,

It occurs to me that 'getent passwd' is already (roughly) the tool they
are looking for.  If that isn't good enough for some reason, I wouldn't
mind a tool that returns yes/no.  I dislike the idea of handing out a
full member list.

Cheers,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |