[Teammetrics-discuss] What's new with Team Metrics.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jul 18 19:39:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:42:48PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> + Faster SVN log fetching. Very fast actually!

Cool.

> + We are now filtering upstream contributors for the Git repository.
> This was earlier in my test code only but I have pushed it.

This filtering means module the Upstream == Debian Maintainer problem
where I hope to get some more input, right?

> For this, I will be using our config file format itself. I will be
> storing the revision numbers like:
>
>     [team-name]
>     revision = 1
>                    2
>                    .
>

> But since 'n' can reach high values in this case (seven thousand+ for
> debian-med), I hope you are comfortable with this as the file would be
> really large _but_ as the user is not bothered with this data, we
> should be fine. But let me know your thoughts.

I would not regard this as a config option but pure data.  Finaly I as a
user just want it all and those numbers are some internal thing of the
code which needs no configuration.  So either this could be put into a
(administrative) database table or you put this somewhere under
/var/{cache,lib}/teammetrics.

> 2. We wait for Charles and Manuel to reply.

Yes.

> I will be offline during the day tomorrow as discussed but I will work on (1).

Good luck with your visum

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de