[Teammetrics-discuss] Interrupted commitstat

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Sep 9 19:29:53 UTC 2011

Hi Sukhbir,

I tried running commitstat on blends.debian.net from scratch.  This went
fine for some time but at some point the process was interrupted.  Just see

  blends:/var/log/teammetrics/commitstat_interrupted.log

which is a "tail -n 20 commitstat.log.1".  You might also notice that
commitstat.log.2 is larger than commitstat.log.1 - so something did not
finished.

I have no idea how to catch this SSHException and retry the connection
somehow.  In any case we somehow need a method to continue fetching the
data.  What exactly happens if I rerun commitstat?  Will it continue the
process somehow?

BTW, I also had to inject the "USER = 'tille'" line (I forgot to use the
"-u" option but automatic config file usage did not seem to work neither
did the "same user here as on alioth" method.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de