[Teammetrics-discuss] Interrupted commitstat

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:50:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

> I have no idea how to catch this SSHException and retry the connection
> somehow.  In any case we somehow need a method to continue fetching the
> data.  What exactly happens if I rerun commitstat?  Will it continue the
> process somehow?

I have never seen this exception before. Looking at the code of
paramiko, this suggests a drop in connection which can (and in our
case does), eventually leads to a disconnect.

I had not anticipated that it could stop in between (bad) so I will
change the code tomorrow so that it does resume. For now, you can give
it a rest or try liststat.py.

> BTW, I also had to inject the "USER = 'tille'" line (I forgot to use the
> "-u" option but automatic config file usage did not seem to work neither
> did the "same user here as on alioth" method.

That should really work! The '-u' option is:

commistat -u USER-NAME

Can you please paste the output file contents here or move them to my
$HOME on blends :)