[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit stats has some issues

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Dec 9 07:58:06 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 11:03:00PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> >   - commitstat_kernel: a user "X" who basically did all the commits
>
> Yeah, I think I pointed this out to you before also. I did try to fix
> this in the past but I don't remember what was the outcome. So I tried
> debugging this today, but weirdly, Alioth is not allowing me to fetch
> the `git log' for the kernel.git repository manually. When I issue the
> `git log' command, it simply returns nothing. And this is only there
> for the kernel.git repository. I will try again.

Hmmm, sounds strange ...

> > There were a lot of errors in the commitlines when trying to generate
> > the graphs and the graphs that are created show problems (like rank 2
> > and 3 in commitlines_debian-med which are upstream and no Debian Med
> > members).  I uncommented the generation of these graphs in
> > render-all-graphs and I guess we should deactivate the data gathering
> > for this part as well.
>
> `commitlines' has never been helpful, I must admit. So that is why, we
> already skipping it for SVN repositories. But for git, the line data
> comes with the 'package' and git is pretty fast for such things, so I
> just let it be there.

Well, no real problem with this but you seem to lack the change we once
injected to make sure that only changes in debian/ dir should be regarded.
*If* we do the calculation it should be correct.

> I can try optimizing commitlines but somehow the motivation is not
> there. Maybe when we make Team Metrics public and some DDs ask for it,
> we will do it then :)

Yes, that's why I deactivated the graph generation now.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de