[Teammetrics-discuss] Graph generation of liststat.py

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:25:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

> I just fetched the plain *.png *and* *.txt files (because the *.txt
> files are needed to track down the problem because these actually are
> feeded into the R script).

Ok.

>  1. Drop debianjr and pkg-python from commitstats because
>     we are investigating *teams*

Uhm, I didn't get this. Why is debianjr not a team? I see that you and
Ben Armstrong are the only authors, so doesn't that make you a 'team'?

>  2. Check why teammetrics-discuss does not contain data for 2012
>     I remember clearly that I have watched a proper graph of this
>     list - just checked: On 2012-02-03 I have created a graph of
>     teammetrics-discuss which contained also data from 2012.

Well, the database shows that `teammetrics` does have data for 2012.

 archive_date
--------------
 2012-01-31

So I guess something goes wrong with the render-all-graphs that
creates the text file, because the text file seems to be missing the
data when it is there in the database?

I have a suspicion that this problem seems to be there with teams that
have very few authors perhaps? I am not sure how true this is, but it
fails for debianjr (2 members), teammetrics (2 members).

> Otherwise a proper "solution" for the "R problem" would be to verify
> using wc to guaratee more than 2 lines of data in the txt file and some
> other "column counting tool" to guarantee more than 2 columns before
> feeding the data into R.  Most probably this could also be done in R
> but I'm also no expert here.

I think the problem before that is that the text files are not being
created properly, like the problem of the missing month of
`teammetrics`. So once the text files are proper, then we can add and
handle these checks.

--
Sukhbir