[Teammetrics-discuss] Gitstat and SVNStat updated and is running.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:42:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

Like I said yesterday, Gitstat and SVNStat were consuming way too many
resources than what was actually needed. So now I implemented a new
way of storing the data about the parsed revisions that has resulted
in lots of disk space being saved (and therefore memory when the file
is loaded).

To give an idea, earlier for X revisions, it was consuming 10MB of
disk space but now it has reduced to 284KB. So now I am satisfied
about the performance. There may be ways to optimize it even more but
I think that will be an overkill and I will take that route only if
there is a problem. To see the change, have a look at
'/var/cache/teammetrics/revisions.hash'.

Gitstat is running now, so let's see. When it finishes, I will
generate the graphs. SVNStat doesn't need to be run again.

--
Sukhbir