[Teammetrics-discuss] Updating names ending with '-guest'

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:53:45 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

I worked on updating the names ending with '-guest' and trying to find
a real name for them.

I noticed two possible ways of doing this: `getent passwd` on vasks or
alioth.debian.org/users/foo-guest/ which has the real name in the
profile.

So I wrote a small script that does this automatically -- looks up the
real name for the guest name on vasks. It's called 'lookupnames.py'
(pushed).

Long story short: we had 437 such names in `commitstat` table. After
running the above script, it resolved 366 guest-names to real names.
The 71 remaining names cannot be resolved, as their profile on Alioth
has been deleted.

`names.list` has been updated with new names:

$ wc -l names.list
432 names.list

I have also run 'python updatenames.py' so the database is now up-to-date.

Please note that whenever 'names.list' or 'bots.list' is updated in
the repository, it has to be copied to '/etc/teammetrics'. I can do
that every time but I don't have the permission (If possible also,
please set the teammetrics group permission for '/etc/teammetrics').

--
Sukhbir