[Teammetrics-discuss] Django Website Deployment

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:20:02 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

> (BTW, there is no need to CC me - please try to find out whether your
>  MUA knows "List reply" ... it is 'L' in mutt)

Sorry for the trouble! I am using the Gmail web interface and the
default behavior in both 'reply' and 'reply all' is that the original
sender is in the 'to' field. I know this behavior is kind of annoying
and many have a similar complaint[1] and infact this behavior is
considered a bug.

As a temporary fix, I am manually editing the 'to' field each time
reply. Probably it can be fixed if an appropriate reply-to header is
configured in mailman.

This is a pain and I'll definitely try mutt once. :)

[1] : http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/gmail/composing-and-sending-messages/6lCf4H7NsWw

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 07:36:49AM +0530, Vipin Nair wrote:
>> Yay! After quiet a struggle, I have finally managed to make this work
>> over mod_wsgi.
>
> Good.

:)

> I'd prefer if you would decide about a reasonable location and commit a
> ready to copy configuration file stright into Git.  IMHO it is a good
> idea to have all the configuration inside Git.

Yeah, nice idea. We could keep the project files in /etc/teammetrics/ itself.

Apache configuration is done[2]. I am working from college where the
SSH port is blocked, that is the reason I have pushed it to github.
I'll update the code in Alioth once I am back.

[2] : https://github.com/swvist/Teammetrics/commit/f6bc0acc9f6ca868251301f9c61476ba4f89fcf8

>I'd suggest you move it
> to /etc/teammetrics/apache.conf.  I then could link it on the server to
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/teammetrics.conf (where it probably belongs rather
> then 000-default).

Yeah! My bad. The conf file can be moved to
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ and then we can enable the site by the
following command:

$ a2ensite teammetrics.conf

This creates a link to the file in sites-available/ to sites-enabled/

Once done, we need to reload the Apache configuration with the command:

$ service apache2 reload

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair