[Teammetrics-discuss] Django Website Deployment

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jun 21 09:50:58 UTC 2012

Hi Vipin,

(BTW, there is no need to CC me - please try to find out whether your
 MUA knows "List reply" ... it is 'L' in mutt)

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 07:36:49AM +0530, Vipin Nair wrote:
> Yay! After quiet a struggle, I have finally managed to make this work
> over mod_wsgi.

Good.

> Andreas, I do not have the permission to edit the apache configuration
> file. For a bare minimum setup, all we need to do is add the four
> lines below to the file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default/
>
> WSGIScriptAlias /path/to/project/web/teammetrics.wsgi
> <Directory /path/to/project/web/>
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> /path/to/project/ is the location where the code will reside. It must
> be a location that is accessible to the user www-data.
> If you could add these lines to the configuration file, we can setup
> the project quick.

I'd prefer if you would decide about a reasonable location and commit a
ready to copy configuration file stright into Git.  IMHO it is a good
idea to have all the configuration inside Git.  I'd suggest you move it
to /etc/teammetrics/apache.conf.  I then could link it on the server to
/etc/apache2/conf.d/teammetrics.conf (where it probably belongs rather
then 000-default).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--