[Teammetrics-discuss] Code location on belnds.d.n

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:04:54 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

> Hmmm, I symlinked it to /etc/apache2/conf.d/teammetrics and it did not
> worked (no error message in log files, just nothing).  As a first
> attempt I deleted the virtual host statements which are not really
> correct to my understanding (it would require another name - say
> teammetrics.debian.net ... which by the way would probably be a good
> idea to have.)  This at least created some error message in the browser
> when trying
>
>    http://blends.debian.net/teammetrics

According to Apache docs[0], Virtual hosts are created to have
multiple website running over the same web server so having a virtual
host to run this site makes sense and the ServerName directive is not
necessary. WSGIScriptAlias directive [1]allows us to specify a URL to
map the project so blends.debian.net/teammetrics so this configuration
does look fine to me.

I followed this[2] when I had to configure it locally. It basically
asks us to create a virtual host and keep the configuration files in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ and then there is a command to enable
the site. A similar solution is posted on stackoverflow[3] as well.

[0] : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/
[1] : http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGIScriptAlias
[2] : http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/412
[3] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6362886/which-parts-of-the-apache-sites-available-file-are-necessary

> However, the logfiles do not reflect anything of this.  I'm too tired to
> check this now and tomorrow I'm basically occupied by the Debian
> Science workshop so please forgive some delay.

No problem. Please take your time  :)

> Please specify the exact package name.

It is 'python-nose'

Thanks.