[Teammetrics-discuss] Updated data

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 03:55:29 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

(Thanks for all the key signing!)

Andreas Tille wrote:

> Same observation from my side and yes, I'm afraid that it is also
> connected to the DNS issue.
>
> > - Also equally probable: I think my cronjob ran at the same time as you
> >   started the script. So that caused the problem because of the same
> >   script running twice.

So I think this might be the reason why we are seeing such weird results
almost everywhere. Hopefully — though I am not sure — this should take
care of the Perl team problem with the missing metrics.

> Hmmm, I also have wondered what might happen if the script might run
> twice at the same time.  I had a similar problem in the Blends
> websentinel and solved it this way:
>
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/website.git;a=blob;f=webtools/blendstasktools.py
>    look for LockBlendsTools()
>
> I think we should implement something like this (or some more clever
> mechanism).

Yup, this sounds like a fine idea.

> I guess it should be possible to try to reimport the data now.  I'm
> afraid it is wrong since April or Mai when I observed the DNS problem
> the first time.  To stupid that I have no idea. :-(

Do you want to wait before you are convinced that the problem has been
resolved or do you want that I should run it now itself? (I am sorry but
I also have no idea about this or how to help you, but I am sure you
know someone who can help us with this issue.)

--
Sukhbir