[Teammetrics-discuss] Updated data

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 5 11:33:12 UTC 2013

Hi Sukhbir,

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 11:55:29PM -0400, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> (Thanks for all the key signing!)

You are thanking me??? Hey, I left some stack of work from DebConf 11
(two years ago!!!!) and only my fear that people will hit me with a big
club once I show up at this years DebConf because of missing signatures
has motivated to do the remaining work yesterday.  So please do not
thank me for beeing quite lazy over the last two years. ;-)

> Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > Same observation from my side and yes, I'm afraid that it is also
> > connected to the DNS issue.
> >
> > > - Also equally probable: I think my cronjob ran at the same time as you
> > >   started the script. So that caused the problem because of the same
> > >   script running twice.
>
> So I think this might be the reason why we are seeing such weird results
> almost everywhere. Hopefully — though I am not sure — this should take
> care of the Perl team problem with the missing metrics.

This might or might not be.  In Perl the effect was very drastic.

> > Hmmm, I also have wondered what might happen if the script might run
> > twice at the same time.  I had a similar problem in the Blends
> > websentinel and solved it this way:
> >
> >    http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/website.git;a=blob;f=webtools/blendstasktools.py
> >    look for LockBlendsTools()
> >
> > I think we should implement something like this (or some more clever
> > mechanism).
>
> Yup, this sounds like a fine idea.
>
> > I guess it should be possible to try to reimport the data now.  I'm
> > afraid it is wrong since April or Mai when I observed the DNS problem
> > the first time.  To stupid that I have no idea. :-(
>
> Do you want to wait before you are convinced that the problem has been
> resolved or do you want that I should run it now itself? (I am sorry but
> I also have no idea about this or how to help you, but I am sure you
> know someone who can help us with this issue.)

It would be great if you could do a safe reimport say for perl and
blends team.  If this shows the results we are expecting we should look
into other teams as well.  It would be really great if this could be
fixed in the next couple of days because I want to present some graphs
at DebConf.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--