[Teammetrics-discuss] Importing mboxes (Was: Please add this subject to SPAM subjects [vassholz at mail.desy.de: ImageJ ports on exflpcx18766])

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Aug 21 08:51:04 UTC 2013

Hi Sukhbir,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 08:46:39PM -0400, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > today Debian Med team received > 500 identical mails like this.  Please
> > add the subject to the SPAM filter to not spoil our statistics.
>
> Updated and pushed.

Thanks.  I would have done it but I have seeked on the wrong place (was
watching for a config file).

> On this related note, I just had a look at the logs from the last time
> you ran the script (at DebConf). I see a lot of failures again :( While
> it started fine, it didn't last for long:
>
> 2013-08-10 19:31:40,578 ERROR: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused> - http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2010-December.txt.gz
> 2013-08-10 19:31:40,588 ERROR: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused> - http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2010-November.txt.gz
> 2013-08-10 19:31:40,599 ERROR: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused> - http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2010-October.txt.gz
>
> I think we have to run it again because this way, it doesn't make sense.
> IIRC, didn't you manage to resolve this issue at DebConf?

Well, the DNS problem is definitely solved - this must be some other
problem - no idea what. :-(

BTW, at DebConf I had some interesting chat with

   Alexandre Delanoë (http://alexandre.delanoe.org)

who had some quite interesting research done about the length of
threads.  He needs message IDs for his research.  IMHO we do have this
in our database but I'm not fully sure whether this is only the case for
those mailing lists were we have the mbox files.  Perhaps we need to
talk again to listmaster about publishing mboxes after striping down the
metainformation to the really needed part.  The code was written but we
somehow lost track upon this.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

PS: Alexandre, it would be cool if you could some hints about your
    research here on this list.

--
http://fam-tille.de