[Teammetrics-discuss] Importing mboxes (Was: Please add this subject to SPAM subjects [vassholz at mail.desy.de: ImageJ ports on exflpcx18766])

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 19:21:08 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

> Well, the DNS problem is definitely solved - this must be some other
> problem - no idea what. :-(

I think there is some problem still, because we did not have this issue
at all with the previous host. Since Thomas (I met him at DebConf!) has
been so kind to provide us with this VM, maybe he can help us in
diagnosing what the problem is. Or maybe the problem is on Alioth's
side? I think the only way I know to confirm this is that I will run
liststat on my own VPS and then see how it goes.

> BTW, at DebConf I had some interesting chat with
>
>    Alexandre Delanoë (http://alexandre.delanoe.org)
>
> who had some quite interesting research done about the length of
> threads.  He needs message IDs for his research.  IMHO we do have this
> in our database but I'm not fully sure whether this is only the case for
> those mailing lists were we have the mbox files.  Perhaps we need to
> talk again to listmaster about publishing mboxes after striping down the
> metainformation to the really needed part.  The code was written but we
> somehow lost track upon this.

We have the message-IDs for both the lists on Alioth and for lists.d.o
:) I had be happy to help him in whatever data he needs, so maybe you
can ask him to get in touch with us on this mailing list itself, if
that's OK with him.

--
Sukhbir