[Teammetrics-discuss] How many people are working on our packages (Was: Team statistics updated)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jan 24 14:46:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:35:19PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> >     http://blends.debian.net/liststats/
> >
> > to show who belongs to your team.
>
> nice. Can you add the Haskell team? We are on debian-haskell, maintainer
> field is pkg-haskell-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org.

Done.

In addition I added a new measure which was inspired by a (former) team
member of Debian Med and Debian Science team who claimed that "Debian
scientific groups are organized as single person team."  I tried to find
out whether this is really the case and wrote an extensive answer[1]

Since I think my investigation might be interesting for a wider audience
and more teams you might like to visit the two pages I linked in my mail
([2] Blends teams, [3] language teams).  This gives a nice comparison.
You find more team graphs (and the according text data) at the general
output page[4] all starting with maintainer_per_package_*.

In my mail[1] can see what conclusions you can draw from this kind of
graphs and you can also drain other data as I have shown in the attached
text table.  This is supported by some predefined functions in the
teammetrics database on blends.debian.net.  The code of these queries
is in Git[5].

I'm considering to also generate graphs over time to make yearly slices
and look at the same measure year by year whether there is some
distinction.

Feel free to bring in further ideas what we can do when looking at these
data.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2015/01/msg00052.html