[tryton-debian] Packaging of suds-jurko

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Jul 2 22:02:28 UTC 2014

* Jurko Gospodnetić: " Re: Packaging of suds-jurko" (Wed, 02 Jul 2014 20:14:33
  +0200):

>    Hi Mathias.
>
> On 1.7.2014. 13:10, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > The first tests on suds-jurko are looking very promising. I built the
> > package succesfully as a drop-in replacement for the current python-suds
> > package. It builds correctly for python2 and python3 with all tests. I
> > tested part of the functionality for python2, all was working well. The
> > maintainer of suds-jurko is very active and responsive.
>
>    Just wondering whether you used your own suds tests that you have
> laying around somewhere for debian, or if you simply ran the project's
> own test suite?

I ran the projects test suite. More exactly, they are normally run by pybuild,
the build system used for the suds package.

>    The original project did not have a test suite at all and the one in
> my fork is growing and is being worked on but every time I touch suds I
> find more things that are missing, and my gut tells me that the tests
> are far from complete. :-)

I suppose, that they can not be complete, but which test suite is...;)

>    Well, to be perfectly honest, the original project did have a manual
> test suite, but it depended on lots of now defunct external web services
> or web services available only to the original developer. The does not
> depend on any external services, and I'm trying real hard to keep it
> that way. :-)

Indeed those tests were disabled, because they connected to web services
outside the builder, which is not allowed in Debian. And yes, please keep the
tests of the package independent from services on the net, they would have to
be disabled.

Cheers,
Mathias