[tryton-debian] python-relatorio: where to put the test suite?

Piotr Ożarowski piotr at debian.org
Wed Jul 9 11:33:17 UTC 2014

[Mathias Behrle, 2014-07-09]
> relatorio has a test suite containing some images, documents and templates,
> which according to FHS should belong under /usr/share.
>
> Short question:
>
> - does this justify a common package, from which linking to the
> python2 and python3 package
>
> - or is it just preferable to move the tests to docs (on dh_install)

if you have -doc binary package, then IMHO it's not that bad idea to
ship tests there as well (instead of providing -common package)
Note that .py files have to look exactly the same for 2.X and 3.X

> - or is there a better solution, which I am currently not aware of?

if these tests are not that big, you can ship them in both packages, i.e. in
/usr/share/python{,3}-relatorio/tests (especially if 2to3 has to be used on
.py them)