[tryton-debian] python-relatorio: where to put the test suite?

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Jul 9 13:13:43 UTC 2014

* Piotr Ożarowski: " Re: python-relatorio: where to put the test suite?" (Wed,
  9 Jul 2014 13:33:17 +0200):

> [Mathias Behrle, 2014-07-09]
> > relatorio has a test suite containing some images, documents and templates,
> > which according to FHS should belong under /usr/share.
> >
> > Short question:
> >
> > - does this justify a common package, from which linking to the
> > python2 and python3 package
> >
> > - or is it just preferable to move the tests to docs (on dh_install)
>
> if you have -doc binary package, then IMHO it's not that bad idea to
> ship tests there as well (instead of providing -common package)
> Note that .py files have to look exactly the same for 2.X and 3.X
>
> > - or is there a better solution, which I am currently not aware of?
>
> if these tests are not that big, you can ship them in both packages, i.e. in
> /usr/share/python{,3}-relatorio/tests (especially if 2to3 has to be used on
> .py them)

The latter is the current state and the files are really not big. I just was
remembered by lintian:

python3-relatorio: image-file-in-usr-lib
usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/relatorio/tests/egg.jpg

which is the cause of my request.

Would that justify a lintian override? It would be indeed the simplest solution.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6