[tryton-debian] Tryton in jessie

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Mon Sep 22 10:05:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

the current version of Tryton in testing is 3.2, the release of next version 3.4
is announced for 20.11.2014. Security and bugfix support by upstream is
limited to 2 years per series, so we would like to ship Tryton version 3.4 with
jessie.

The Tryton project publishes bug fix releases approximately per month,
those bugs being in Debian categorization mainly of severity 'normal' to
'important'. In our experience evtl. bugs of a new Tryton series are mainly
cleaned out with the two to three bug fix releases following the initial
release.

That said, I am asking beforehand for slots for at least two (better three) bug
fix releases to provide the best user experience for our Tryton users.

Does this meet the approval of the release team?

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6