[tryton-debian] Error with apt-get update

Vincent Bastos vincent at lavalab.com.au
Fri Oct 23 08:20:44 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Mathias Behrle <mathiasb at m9s.biz> wrote:

> * Vincent Bastos: " [tryton-debian] Error with apt-get update" (Thu, 22 Oct
>   2015 06:53:43 +1000):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I thought I would note somewhere that if you forget to add the signature
> > key for the mirror to apt you will get an error similar to this:
> >
> > W: GPG error: http://debian.tryton.org jessie-3.4 InRelease: The
> following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> > NO_PUBKEY 00D8A03C787F7C29
>
> The procedure is denoted in
> http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#how-to
>
> Do you think it is necessary to include the error in case you don't follow
> the
> HowTo? It is after all a common behavior for Debian systems when you are
> adding
> external sources.

I did not send the email because I though that it was necessary to include
it in the procedure doc. I was just thinking that maybe search engines
could index the mailing list thread for others to find in case someone does
find this issue :).

Having said that I do like it when some instructions/procedures include a
small list of issues that may arise and reasons to help you fix them

> JFTR: A debian package providing the basic setup to facilitate the use of
> debian.tryton.org is on my TODO list. As well as I intend to facilitate
> the
> selection of the target distribution by a selector on the page. Perhaps
> this
> can all be combined into the download of just one debian package.

Not sure what you mean here, but happy to help!

--
*Vincent Bastos*
*Lava Lab Software*