[tryton-debian] Error with apt-get update

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Fri Oct 23 10:51:18 UTC 2015

* Vincent Bastos: " Re: [tryton-debian] Error with apt-get update" (Fri, 23 Oct
  2015 18:20:44 +1000):

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Mathias Behrle <mathiasb at m9s.biz> wrote:
>
> > * Vincent Bastos: " [tryton-debian] Error with apt-get update" (Thu, 22 Oct
> >   2015 06:53:43 +1000):
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I thought I would note somewhere that if you forget to add the signature
> > > key for the mirror to apt you will get an error similar to this:
> > >
> > > W: GPG error: http://debian.tryton.org jessie-3.4 InRelease: The
> > following
> > > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> > > NO_PUBKEY 00D8A03C787F7C29
> >
> > The procedure is denoted in
> > http://tryton.alioth.debian.org/mirror.html#how-to
> >
> > Do you think it is necessary to include the error in case you don't follow
> > the
> > HowTo? It is after all a common behavior for Debian systems when you are
> > adding
> > external sources.
> >

> I did not send the email because I though that it was necessary to include
> it in the procedure doc. I was just thinking that maybe search engines
> could index the mailing list thread for others to find in case someone does
> find this issue :).
>
> Having said that I do like it when some instructions/procedures include a
> small list of issues that may arise and reasons to help you fix them

Feel free to propose a patch for the documentation, there is always room for
improvement.

> > JFTR: A debian package providing the basic setup to facilitate the use of
> > debian.tryton.org is on my TODO list. As well as I intend to facilitate
> > the
> > selection of the target distribution by a selector on the page. Perhaps
> > this
> > can all be combined into the download of just one debian package.
> >

> Not sure what you mean here, but happy to help!

I intend to have to have something like the mozilla team:

http://mozilla.debian.net/
with the key setup like in
https://sources.debian.net/src/pkg-mozilla-archive-keyring/1.1/

But to keep it even more simple (if possible), I would like to provide just one
package (per Deboan distribution and Tryton series), that the user must download
(address being provided by the selector), that depends on the
debian.tryton.org-archive-keyring package (with the archive key being signed
with a key on the debian keyring).
But I still have to investigate the latter, if it is possible and if it is not
only a tolerated, but a well accepted procedure to make external repositories
known to a standard Debian system. The goal anyway is to provide the user with
the correct Tryton series by going as few steps as possible as well as to
confront him with as few trust problems as possible.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6