[tryton-debian] custom modules

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Mon Oct 26 08:53:23 UTC 2015

* Vincent Bastos: " [tryton-debian] custom modules" (Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:47:22
  +1000):

> I was wondering what method is used to install custom modules.

The ITP and packaging of the custom module will start as soon as it will be
released.

> The method I was using is simply running the following inside my repository:
>
> >sudo python setup.py install

Just out of interest: does it work? Usually Debian packages and local Python
packages should be able to coexist. I tested this some time ago, but would like
to know, if you can confirm that.

> I suppose you are going to suggest creating a debian package or even a
> python package.

Indeed that is the prefered way. As the customs module will be packaged soon,
you can wait for it or just use another module as boilerplate and adapt it
accordingly, if you need it very soon. Please keep in mind, that the customs
module will be included for version 3.8 (in all supported Debian releases). If
you intend to use it for some earlier version (<3.8), you would have to backport
and build it yourself.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6