[tryton-debian] custom modules

Vincent Bastos vincent at lavalab.com.au
Tue Oct 27 20:36:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Mathias Behrle <mathiasb at m9s.biz> wrote:

> * Vincent Bastos: " [tryton-debian] custom modules" (Sun, 25 Oct 2015
> 17:47:22
>   +1000):
>
> > I was wondering what method is used to install custom modules.
>
> The ITP and packaging of the custom module will start as soon as it will be
> released.

Sorry, I didn't mean custom for import/export, but custom/private module.

What does ITP mean?

> > The method I was using is simply running the following inside my
> repository:
> >
> > >sudo python setup.py install
>
> Just out of interest: does it work? Usually Debian packages and local
> Python
> packages should be able to coexist. I tested this some time ago, but would
> like
> to know, if you can confirm that.

I just tried it. It installed properly but when I open the database in the
tryton client and try to open the list of module I get the following error:

OError: File not found : /dist-packages/trytond/modules/mail/tryton.cfg

Not sure what is happening here.

> > I suppose you are going to suggest creating a debian package or even a
> > python package.
>
> Indeed that is the prefered way. As the customs module will be packaged
> soon,
> you can wait for it or just use another module as boilerplate and adapt it
> accordingly, if you need it very soon. Please keep in mind, that the
> customs
> module will be included for version 3.8 (in all supported Debian
> releases). If
> you intend to use it for some earlier version (<3.8), you would have to
> backport
> and build it yourself.
>

> --
>
>     Mathias Behrle
>     PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6

*Vincent Bastos*
*Lava Lab Software*