[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Apr 20 08:54:37 BST 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> Probably, I was just proposing myself as a debian user that happens to
> be quite knowledgeable about Tryton.

Thanks for this!

> > If you want to take part in the packaging efforts it would be wise to
> > get familiar first with the procedures in Debian and the
> > preliminaries of NMUs.
>
> Would you care to point me to some pages?

I can't say that the Debian documentation to start
contributing to package maintenance is great. But here are some
starting points anyway:
https://www.debian.org/devel/
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/

I have also written some documentation in my blog:
https://raphaelhertzog.com/contributing-to-debian/
https://raphaelhertzog.com/debian-packaging/

Cheers,
--