[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Mathias Behrle mbehrle at debian.org
Fri Apr 20 14:35:40 BST 2018

* Nicolas Évrard: " Re: [tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in
  Debian" (Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:16:06 +0200):

Hello Nicolas,

please rather avoid in future to send me some contradictory Follow-Up to the
same mail per PM. It is a well and established behavior to keep communication
public and transparent in Debian (this is advisable behavior in general to make
OpenSource communities a success).

> * Mathias Behrle  [2018-04-15 00:00 +0200]:
> >* Nicolas Évrard: " Re: [tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in
> >  Debian" (Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:46:51 +0200):
> >
> >Hello Nicolas,
>
> Hi,
>
> >> * Mathias Behrle  [2018-04-09 18:42 +0200]:

> >> Hello Mathias,
> >>
> >> I came here wondering if people had stepped up to propose themselves
> >> to maintain the packages.
> >
> >I got one request so far per PM to evtl. support financially the
> >packaging work. We will see if others join as well.
>
> Good for you.
>
> >> One of my goal was also to get to know how I could maybe help in this
> >> project (do some NMU, I don't know).
> >
> >It seems to me that you are under-estimating the work load of
> >maintaining the packages in Debian *and* doing the backports (the
> >backports being quite essential to provide a reasonable usage).
>
> Probably, I was just proposing myself as a debian user that happens to
> be quite knowledgeable about Tryton.
>
> >If you want to take part in the packaging efforts it would be wise to
> >get familiar first with the procedures in Debian and the
> >preliminaries of NMUs.
>
> Would you care to point me to some pages?

Raphael provided some starting points, especially for NMUs you may want to read
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

and in general perhaps

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq

Regards,

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6