[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Aug 8 23:04:55 BST 2018

* Raphael Hertzog: " Re: [tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in
  Debian" (Thu, 28 Jun 2018 23:33:45 +0200):

Hello Raphael,

> On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2%80%93aggressive_personality_disorder
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior
> >
> > You may want to adjust the classification of your answer and please
> > particularly point to the sentence you qualify aggressive instead of just
> > being
>
> Sorry, I did not mean to imply any illness or disorder, it's just that I
> found your tone to be unwelcoming (that's the aggressive side) and your
> unwillingness to accept help (that's the passive side) is a bit of a
> problem in a collaborative project such as Debian.
>
> It's OK to not be able to spend time mentoring someone but it's not a
> reason to not encourage people to learn with others, in particular when
> they are willing to help you on what you work.

I will stop here to continue on this part of the discussion that I did neither
initiate nor intend. Reading the origin mail of this thread should reveal this
clearly.

> This is doubly true when you are paid to work on something. Taking care of
> the community while being paid is important. I know that you are not paid
> currently but you are going to be paid in a few months and I don't really
> want the money to be a reason for you to refuse help.

Now that there are doubts raised about my personal integrity (I can not say if
that was your intention, but raising the topic this way just leads to that) it
is indeed difficult for me to accept money from your side.

Let's keep it short and simple: If you really think in the slightest way that
my behaviour was or is subject to change for monetary reasons then please just
confirm that. It is not a problem then, I just won't accept that money. I don't
think there is anything in my life I have to blame myself for in respect
thereof.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6