[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Aug 31 14:49:51 BST 2018

Hi,

sorry for the delay, I rarely open my tryton folder...

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> Now that there are doubts raised about my personal integrity (I can not say if
> that was your intention, but raising the topic this way just leads to that) it
> is indeed difficult for me to accept money from your side.
>
> Let's keep it short and simple: If you really think in the slightest way that
> my behaviour was or is subject to change for monetary reasons then please just
> confirm that. It is not a problem then, I just won't accept that money. I don't
> think there is anything in my life I have to blame myself for in respect
> thereof.

I have no reasons to doubt about your personal integrity and I'm sorry
that my mail made you think that I was doubting of your personal
integrity.

But I know that paying Debian contributors is a hot topic in general and
that one of the major fear is the possibly modified behaviour of the
contributor compared to when he was not paid.

I'm thus just clarifying my expectations so that nobody can later come to
me and say "see, I told you so".

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer